With the festive season bringing such an attractive game to the club's fixture list, Bradford City officials would like to ask fans to please get to the stadium as early as possible on Boxing Day.
There are a number of important factors to consider for the home game against Rotherham United.
Firstly, a bumper crowd is expected at the Coral Windows Stadium this Thursday, with the attendance likely to exceed the 18,044 best of the season so far.
Secondly, the visiting spectators will be using both the South (TL Dallas) Stand and Blocks F&G of the Northern Commercial Stand on Midland Road.
With Rotherham United selling their full allocation, the number of turnstiles available to home supporters on Midland Road will be reduced.
Lastly, there will be little public transport on the day. With this in mind, the club would to ask fans to please make their plans early and arrive at the stadium as soon as they can to avoid queues at the turnstiles.
The entertainment starts early at the stadium with a performance by the Bradford Panache Cheerleaders at 2.20pm. So, if home fans could arrive just a little earlier than a routine Saturday match, if will help to make sure they don’t miss a thing!
As with previous games, to avoid congestion near the main Ticket Office, any FlexiCard holders for the Kop that are paying cash at the turnstile are asked to go directly to turnstiles N9 and N10 on Midland Road which allows access to both levels of the Kop. This will avoid any congestions and delays around the Ticket Office.
The standard points of entry for the Boxing Day game include:
For the Main West Stand
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or FlexiCards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles W5-W10 or W12-W18. These turnstiles are all located in the Directors’ car park either side of the glass doors that lead to the banqueting areas.
- Supporters with a FlexiCard who wish to pay cash on the day can enter by turnstiles W4 or W11.
- Supporters for the Main West Stand who haven’t pre-booked and wish to pay cash can enter via turnstile W3 (which is the turnstile nearest to Valley Parade).
For the North Stand Kop
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or FlexiCards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles N3-N4 and N5-N8, all of which are located behind the Kop.
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or FlexiCards where the seats has been paid for in advance - can also enter the North Stand Kop through turnstiles N11 - N14 which can be located on Midland Road.
- Supporters with a FlexiCard for the North Stand Kop, who wish to pay cash on the day, are asked to gain access through turnstiles N9-N10 on Midland Road. N2 behind the Kop will also be available for FlexiCard holders wanting to pay cash on the day, but to ease congestion at the ticket office; all supporters are asked to use the turnstiles on Midland Road (please see image below).
- Supporters for the North Stand Kop who haven’t pre-booked and wish to pay cash can enter via turnstile N1, which again is behind the Kop.
For the Northern Commercials (East) Stand
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or flexi-cards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles E1 or E4 to E6, all of which are located on Midland Road
- Supporters with a flexi-card who wish to pay cash on the day can enter the Northern Commercials Stand by turnstiles E2 or E3
- Please note there is no cash only option for the Northern Commercials Stand for this game - supporters wishing to pay full rates in cash should make their way to the Upper level of the Main West Stand via turnstile W3 in the Directors’ car park.
- Turnstiles E9 to E12 and S1 to S4 (all on Midland Road) will be allocated to the visiting Rotherham United fans.
- For home fans, cash only turnstiles (W3 for the Main West Stand and N1 for the North Stand Kop) offer no choice of seats and only take cash. Any supporter wishing to have a choice of seats or pay by credit or charge cards must go to the Club’s Ticket Office.
- Restrictions will again be in place in the area of the Ticket Office to avoid any crowd congestion in that area - supporters are asked to keep clear of this area unless they have a specific reason for approaching the stadium via this route.
- The club will continue its policy of having a late entry gate in each section of the stadium. This gate will stay open until half-time. W3 will be the late gate for the Main West Stand, N1 for the North Stand Kop and E1 for the Northern Commercials Stand (home section).
- Supporters entitled to use the banqueting areas in the West Stand should note that they will be issued with wristbands as they arrive at the game to ensure the match banqueting experience is maintained for those entitled to enjoy those facilities.
- The Ticket Office will remain open until kick-off or until any queues have been dealt with, whichever is the latter.