You can now apply to inspire the next generation and join our ever-growing academy structure - with our head of academy physiotherapy vacancy.
Job Title: Head of Academy Physiotherapy
Salary: Competitive (consummate with experience)
Contract type: Full-time - permanent hours: The candidate will be required to have a flexible
approach to working hours, including match days and such hours as necessary for the full and
proper performance of the role taking into consideration the nature of the Club’s business.
Responsible to: Head Physiotherapist and Academy Manager
Location: Woodhouse Grove School, Harrogate Road, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0NR
Purpose of the post: To deliver a high standard of physiotherapy service to the players within
the Bradford City academy programme - with particular responsibility for under-18s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Design and deliver evidence-based treatment and rehabilitation programmes for all injured
academy players, with a particular focus on the under-18 squad.
● To assist the first-team medical staff with assessment and treatment of first-team players
● Complete medical screening for each player within the academy.
● Keep up-to-date medical records using the PMA system.
● Carry out administrative duties in keeping with the role - such as organisation of cardiac
● Organise and attend consultations/imaging appointments with academy players where
● Attend evening academy training sessions as appropriate, and all under-18 matches to
provide on-site physiotherapy and emergency pitchside care.
● Educate academy players on injury prevention, injury care, and post-match and training
● Ensure the academy medical department is working in line with EPPP guidelines and
provide evidence for this during the auditing process.
● Regularly partake in Continued Professional Development activities and keep evidence
● Regularly communicate with the head physiotherapist and appropriate academy staff on
the status and progress of injured players within the academy.
● Act as academy COVID-19 officer.
● Manage part-time academy medical staff to ensure evening/weekend academy clinics,
training and matches are covered.
● To act at all times in a manner appropriate to a representative of Bradford City Football
● To ensure that all players in your charge also act in an appropriate fashion and in
accordance with Bradford City Football Club's Academy Codes of Conduct.
● Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
● BSc Physiotherapy (or equivalent)
● FA Trauma Medical Management in Football Course (ATMMiF or ITMMiF)
● Previous experience of working in academy football
● FA Safeguarding Children
Bradford City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any job offer will be subject to DBS clearance and two satisfactory references.
Bradford City Football Club promotes inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably-qualified persons.
Closing Date: Monday 4 January 2021