Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


24 November 2020

Match Reports


24 November 2020

The Bantams fell to defeat in the capital - narrowly losing 1-0 to Leyton Orient. 

Dan Happe’s 64th-minute header was enough to see Orient gain all three points at the Breyer Group Stadium.

City’s first chance of the evening came in the 5th minute as Connor Wood took aim from outside of the area, striking just over the crossbar.

Orient enjoyed most of the possession in the opening 10 minutes but failed to create any real openings. Conor Wilkinson’s long-range effort which sailed over was the closest they came.

On the 11th minute, the Bantams came forward with a flowing move. Connor Wood picked up the ball from the edge of the 18-yard box but could not find the target.

City came forward again just minutes later. Wood was involved as he crossed into the centre of the box - but Billy Clarke’s header did not trouble Lawrence Vigouroux.

The Bantams' best chance of the half came as Clarke’s deflected cross looked to be heading into the bottom corner, only for the Orient stopper to pull off a smart save.

Orient responded with a chance of their own. Louis Dennis’ free-kick was whipped into the area, only to be headed clear by Paudie O’Connor.

The Bantams were close to taking the lead through Austin Samuels. Clayton Donaldson flicked the ball into Samuels’ path on the edge of the 18-yard area - but the effort was deflected wide.

The O’s started the second half strongly and came within inches of taking the lead. James Brophy played a low cross that flashed across the face of the goal, but no-one managed to get on the end of it.

City’s first good chance of the second half came in the 59th minute as Clayton Donaldson headed goalwards, however the home goalkeeper was equal to it.

Orient took the lead on the 64th minute through Dan Happe. Jordan Maguire-Drew's 25-yard free-kick was floated into the Bantams box, with Happe leaping highest to head home into the roof of the net.

Ross Embleton’s side came close to doubling their advantage in the 79th minute, when Maguire-Drew’s free-kick beat O'Donnell's wall but not the post. 

The Bantams could not find a breakthrough in the final 10 minutes - leaving the London empty handed.

ORIENT: Lawrence Vigouroux; Joe Widdowson, Josh Coulson (c), Dan Happe, Sam Ling; James Brophy (Tunji Akinola 90+3’), Ouss Cisse, Louis Dennis (Josh Wright 75’), Hector Kyprianou (Jobi McAnuff 65’); Conor Wilkinson (Jordan Maguire-Drew 45’), Danny Johnson. Subs (not used): Sam Sargeant, James Dayton, Jordan Thomas.

CITY: Richard O’Donnell ©; Connor Wood, Reece Staunton (Ben Richards-Everton 55’), Paudie O’Connor, Anthony O’Connor, Tyler French; Elliot Watt, Levi Sutton, Billy Clarke (Kian Scales 61’); Clayton Donaldson, Austin Samuels (Dylan Mottley-Henry 80’). Subs (not used): Sam Hornby, Jackson Longridge, Zeli Ismail, Finn Cousin-Dawson.

GOALS: Dan Happe (64’). 

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Contact