Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


25 September 2020

The club has moved to update supporters ahead of upcoming Sky Bet League Two fixtures against Stevenage and Grimsby Town. 

Matches between the three clubs over the next eight days now appear to be in doubt after both Stevenage and Grimsby reported positive COVID-19 cases. 

Bradford City was informed that Stevenage had reported one positive case and was awaiting the results of further tests prior to tomorrow's encounter. 

Grimsby's trip to Cheltenham Town tomorrow has already been postponed as a result of Ian Holloway's side also returning one positive test. 

City officials are awaiting communication from the EFL as to whether or not the fixtures will go ahead as scheduled - and intend to update supporters further as soon as possible. 

The Bantams' director of communications and commercial, Ryan Sparks, said: "We are hugely disappointed by the manner in which Stevenage and Grimsby Town have chosen to outline their positions this evening, without consulting us. 

"As things stand - less than 24 hours before kick-off - we are still awaiting clarification as to whether or not tomorrow's fixture can go ahead as planned. This, in itself, is very frustrating. 

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our supporters. The situation, at this stage, is entirely out of our hands and we will do everything we can to bring you up to speed as quickly as possible."

Advertisement block