City’s Boxing Day visit of Harrogate Town will see stricter COVID guidelines introduced at the Utilita Energy Stadium for the first time this season, namely the need of COVID certification in order to be admitted.
The clash will also see the re-introduction of face coverings which will be made mandatory when entering the stadium and when in internal areas - unless you are exempt, eating or drinking.
This comes after the Government implemented ‘Plan B’ protocols last week to help combat the growing rate of infection.
It means everyone in attendance, including home and away supporters, club staff, members of the press, box holders, and those enjoying the club’s matchday hospitality and suite-upgrade offerings, will be required to show their NHS COVID Pass, proof of a negative lateral flow test within 48 hours of the game, or proof of exemption.
For full details on how to obtain an NHS COVID Pass, please CLICK HERE.
- COVID certification is needed for EVERYONE in attendance at the Utilita Energy Stadium for every game from Boxing Day onwards (v Harrogate Town, Sunday December 26).
- This can either be provided with an NHS COVID Pass, proof of a negative lateral flow test in the 48 hours leading up to entry, or proof of exemption.
- The only people who DO NOT need to show COVID certification are those aged under 18.
- Information on proving how you are exempt can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- The easiest way to gain an NHS COVID Pass is through using the NHS App. Here you can apply for your pass, which you can also do via the NHS website.
- If you are unable to access the NHS app, or the NHS website, or would prefer using the phone, a letter to prove your COVID vaccination status can be obtained by calling 119. Here, you will be able to apply for certification over the phone, and will then receive a letter in the post which is accepted as proof at the Utilita Energy Stadium. PLEASE NOTE: Those looking to call 119 and apply for a letter are advised to do so as quickly as possible, as delivery of these is expected to be up to 10 days.
- The small card you receive with your vaccination status on, having received a COVID-19 vaccine, IS NOT sufficient evidence to prove you are double vaccinated. The club is unable to accept this.
- Supporters are advised to order lateral flow test packs FREE OF CHARGE from the Government, as soon as possible, by CLICKING HERE. These can also be collected from your local pharmacy.
- For details on how to record a negative lateral flow test result, please CLICK HERE. When reporting your result, you will receive confirmation of your result through either text or e-mail. Either of these means is acceptable proof.
- ALL negative lateral flow test results must be proved through the above means. The club is unable to accept a physical lateral flow cassette as proof of a negative test result.
- There is no facility for supporters to take a lateral flow test at the stadium on the day of the game. All tests must be taken, and results recorded, in the 48 hours leading up to you entering the stadium.
- Face coverings must be worn in all internal areas of the stadium from Boxing Day, and when entering Valley Parade, unless you are eating or drinking - or exempt from wearing one.
- DO NOT attend if you have COVID, have any COVID symptoms, or are currently waiting on the results of a COVID test.
- You will be DENIED entry to the Utilita Energy Stadium if you are unable to provide COVID certification, proof of a negative lateral flow test within the previous 48 hours, or proof of exemption.
- These measures apply for both home and visiting supporters, club staff, all press and media guests, as well as executive box holders and all supporters enjoying the club’s matchday banqueting or hospitality facilities, or suite upgrades.
Supporters are asked to arrive as early as possible on Boxing Day, in order to limit the delays which will impact entry times. Turnstiles will be open from 1.00pm on matchday.
To view full details of the Government’s COVID-19 ‘Plan B’ protocols, as well as details on how to obtain an NHS COVID Pass, please CLICK HERE.
For any further information or assistance, and for a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions, supporters are politely asked to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disabled supporters who require extra assistance are politely asked to contact the club’s disability liaison officer, by e-mailing email@example.com.