Bradford City is looking to appoint a full-time handyperson - to expand its stadium-maintenance team.
Hours: 8.00am - 16.30pm (may require weekend hours)
Report to: Head of Maintenance
Liaise with: Head of Maintenance, maintenance staff, cleaning staff, Director of Operations, grounds staff.
The main purpose of the job is to provide efficient and effective caretaking support to the Utilita Energy Stadium.
This includes ensuring the security and general appearance of the stadium and surrounding areas is maintained - in accordance with the required standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the fabric of both accommodations for the benefit and safety of staff, supporters and the general public - including the minor repairs
- Responsible for planned preventative maintenance on site, including - but not limited to - proactive and reactive work
- To assist with minor plumbing, including unblocking sinks and drains etc
- To deal with minor repairs where necessary, as instructed by the head of maintenance
- Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site
- Daily litter picks, sweeping of hard surfaces, emptying of litter bins, and supporting full stadium clear-ups after home fixtures.
- Assist with deliveries and general portage duties
- Support with other cleaning duties as and when required
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of health-and-safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes and measurements etc
- Able to regularly handle/carry items
At certain points of the day, the post holder will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties - for example, minor maintenance work, remedial painting and decorating, repairs to fixing, receiving deliveries of goods and equipment and setting out and putting away furniture.
Due to the nature of the post, there will be an expectation that the post holder will be exposed to dirt and dust which on occasions - for example, adverse weather conditions - may be higher than normal.
NB: This job description is intended to give the post-holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to cover every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required, at all times, to perform any other reasonable task as requested by the Head of Maintenance/Director of Operations, in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Bradford City Football Club promotes inclusion and confronts and eliminates discrimination - whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably-qualified persons.
Bradford City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any job offer will be subject to DBS clearance.
Closing Date: Friday January 29