Bradford City AFC can reveal the results of last month’s supporter matchday experience survey, at the Utilita Energy Stadium.
Introduced for the 2021/22 season, the survey is randomly distributed to supporters who attend each home Sky Bet League Two fixture via e-mail, and filled out anonymously.
These figures comprise an average of the results from surveys completed after all four home matches throughout October - against Rochdale, Hartlepool United, Bristol Rovers and Forest Green Rovers.
Results show an increase on August's scores in seven of the 15 categories. Four areas show a decrease in scores, while the remaining four categories' scores have remained the same.
Results show 2 in every 10 supporters entered The City Shop at the Utilita Energy Stadium, 4 in every 10 supporters visited a kiosk (both no change) and 2 in every 10 purchased The Parader, the club’s official matchday programme (a decrease from September).
The average supporter spend was in the £5 to £10 bracket, the same as in September, while 89% of those asked would recommend a City home game to friends and family (down from 97.5% last month) - with 5% of these very likely to recommend (no change).
The club also carded scores of 4.4 out of 5 for engagement with supporters compared to other clubs visited - which is down on September - and 4.7 out of 5 on entry to the stadium satisfaction, satisfaction on stadium exit and interaction with stewards while at Valley Parade, with all three of these remaining categories showing an increase on their respective September scores.
The volume and clarity of the stadium’s public-address system scored 8.25 out of 10, the consistency of audio levels between music, adverts and announcements scored 7.5 out of 10 and the relevance of messages over the public-address system was scored at 9.25 out of 10. All three of these values represented an increase on their respective September scores.
Finally, supporters’ experience at the Utilita Energy Stadium box office scored 5.8 out of 10 (decrease), though supporters' experience in Valley Parade’s hospitality facilities scored 9.9 out of 10, which shows a significant increase.
Average results from questions in the October 2021 supporter matchday experience survey are as follows:
- Engagement with supporters in comparison to other clubs you have visited - 4.4/5 (SEPTEMBER: 4.5/5)
- Satisfaction on entry into the stadium - 4.7/5 (SEPTEMBER: 4.6/5)
- Satisfaction on exiting the stadium - 4.7/5 (SEPTEMBER: 3.6/5)
- Interaction with stewards while at the stadium - 4.7/5 (SEPTEMBER: 4.6/5)
- Average spend - £5-£10 (SEPTEMBER: £5-£10)
- How many supporters visited The City Shop? - 2 in every 10 (SEPTEMBER: 2 in every 10)
- How many supporters visited a kiosk? - 4 in every 10 (SEPTEMBER: 4 in every 10)
- How many supporters purchased The Parader - the club’s official matchday programme? - 2 in every 10 (SEPTEMBER: 3 in every 10)
- Of those asked, what percentage of supporters would recommend a Bradford City AFC home game to their friends and family? - 89% (SEPTEMBER: 97.5%)
- Of these, what percentage of these were ‘very likely’ to recommend? - 5% (SEPTEMBER: 5%)
- The volume and clarity of the public address system - 8.25/10 (SEPTEMBER: 6/10)
- The consistency of audio levels between music, adverts and announcements - 7.5/10 (SEPTEMBER: 6.5/10)
- The relevance of the messages over the public address system - 9.25/10 (SEPTEMBER: 8.5/10)
- How would you rate your experience at the Utilita Energy Stadium box office? - 5.8/10 (SEPTEMBER: 6.5/10)
- How would you rate your experience in the Utilita Energy Stadium’s hospitality facilities - 9.9/10 (SEPTEMBER: 6.5/10)
To view September's results in full, please CLICK HERE.
Average results from November's supporter matchday experience survey will be released at the beginning of December. Results will continue to be shared throughout the duration of the campaign.