Bradford City AFC can reveal the results of last month’s supporter matchday experience survey, at the Utilita Energy Stadium.
Introduced for the 2021/22 season, the survey is randomly distributed to supporters who attend each home Sky Bet League Two fixture via e-mail, and filled out anonymously.
These figures comprise an average of the results from surveys completed after both home matches throughout December - firstly against Colchester United and then against Sutton United.
Results show an increase on November's scores in six of the 15 categories. Eight areas show a decrease in scores, while the remaining category's score remains the same.
Results show 1 in every 10 supporters entered The City Shop at the Utilita Energy Stadium, 3 in every 10 supporters visited a kiosk (both down) and 2 in every 10 purchased The Parader, the club’s official matchday programme (same as November).
The average supporter spend was in the £5 to £10 bracket, which is up again on last month, though the percentage of those asked who would recommend a City home game to friends and family is down (77%) - with 12.5% of these very likely to recommend (up on November).
The club also carded scores of 4.4 out of 5 for engagement with supporters compared to other clubs visited, 4.8 out of 5 on entry to the stadium satisfaction, and 4.7 satisfaction on stadium exit and interaction with stewards while at Valley Parade, with all four of these remaining categories showing an increase on their respective November scores.
The volume and clarity of the stadium’s public-address system, and consistency of audio levels between music, adverts and announcements both scored 8.5 out of 10, while the relevance of messages over the public-address system was scored at 8.2 out of 10. All three of these values represented a decrease on their respective November scores.
Finally, supporters’ experience at the Utilita Energy Stadium box office scored 5.7 out of 10, while supporters' experience in Valley Parade’s hospitality facilities scored 9.8 out of 10, with both these categories showing a decrease.
Average results from questions in the December 2021 supporter matchday experience survey are as follows:
- Engagement with supporters in comparison to other clubs you have visited - 4.5/5 (NOVEMBER: 4.2/5)
- Satisfaction on entry into the stadium - 4.8/5 (NOVEMBER: 4.5/5)
- Satisfaction on exiting the stadium - 4.7/5 (NOVEMBER: 4.5/5)
- Interaction with stewards while at the stadium - 4.7/5 (NOVEMBER: 4.5/5)
- Average spend - £5-£10 (NOVEMBER: £0-£5)
- How many supporters visited The City Shop? - 1 in every 10 (NOVEMBER: 3 in every 10)
- How many supporters visited a kiosk? - 3 in every 10 (NOVEMBER: 5 in every 10)
- How many supporters purchased The Parader - the club’s official matchday programme? - 2 in every 10 (NOVEMBER: 2 in every 10)
- Of those asked, what percentage of supporters would recommend a Bradford City AFC home game to their friends and family? - 77% (NOVEMBER: 87%)
- Of these, what percentage of these were ‘very likely’ to recommend? - 12.5% (NOVEMBER: 1%)
- The volume and clarity of the public address system - 8.5/10 (NOVEMBER: 10/10)
- The consistency of audio levels between music, adverts and announcements - 8.5/10 (NOVEMBER: 9/10)
- The relevance of the messages over the public address system - 8.2/10 (NOVEMBER: 9.5/10)
- How would you rate your experience at the Utilita Energy Stadium box office? - 5.7/10 (NOVEMBER: 8.7/10)
- How would you rate your experience in the Utilita Energy Stadium’s hospitality facilities - 9.8/10 (NOVEMBER: 9.9/10)
To view November's results in full, please CLICK HERE.
Average results from January's supporter matchday experience survey will be released next month. Results will continue to be shared throughout the duration of the campaign.