The Bantams kick off their 2022/23 campaign at home to Doncaster Rovers this Saturday (July 30), and for the first time, your season ticket will be available through the Bradford City App.
Unless you opted to pay an extra £5 for a physical season-ticket card - which are set to arrive in the post this week - the only way to gain admission on Saturday will be by using a QR code, which can either be found on the club’s official app, or in the printable e-ticket you should have received via e-mail.
We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to use the app, and gain admission successfully.
PLEASE NOTE: Supporters are advised to arrive as early as possible on matchday, in order to gain admission in time for kick-off. Turnstiles will be open from 1.30PM, in all areas of the stadium.
1. Open the Bradford City App, and click ‘My Account’, in the side menu
2. Open the ‘Season Tickets’ sub-tab, underneath ‘My Account’
3. Check your season ticket QR code is displayed on this page
4. If you have ‘Family and Friends’ assigned to your account, scroll sideways to switch between various season tickets you have loaded onto your app for other people, or use the arrows. In many cases, more than one person’s season ticket will be displayed per app.
5. On matchday, simply display the QR code on your mobile device, and approach the turnstiles as normal. The turnstile operator will scan your QR code, and admit you into the stadium.
We have put together a video demonstration to walk you through the above steps, which can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.
Open the menu on the app. Where your name and customer number is displayed at the top, if the number has a ‘-1’ mark ahead of it, you have no customer number associated to your account, so please e-mail email@example.com to find a resolution.
To check you have the right version of the app installed, head to the ‘Settings’ page. The app version should be ‘2.0.0+20’. Anything lower than this means your app needs updating, through the relevant App Store/Play Store.
If you encounter any issues using the app, or accessing your season ticket through the app, please follow the below guide, or contact the club by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org…
1. In the first instance, ensure your app is up to date by visiting the relevant Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If so, and you are still having issues, reinstall the app.
2. Trouble logging in? It is likely you are using the wrong login details. If you have not yet created an account for the app, you must do this, by entering your details, registering your season-ticket customer number, and creating a password.
3. If you are logged in, and your email address is currently linked to the ticketing account you used to purchase your season ticket, with your customer number, you should be able to see your season ticket.
4. If the above is not the case, please e-mail email@example.com as a matter of urgency.
Supporters are politely advised to check their 2022/23 season ticket is displaying on their app AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ahead of matchday, to ensure they are prepared for entering the stadium. Discovering issues and contacting the club as far in advance as possible will increase the chances of them being resolved in time for the game, and ensuring more people are able to be assisted ahead of Saturday.
If you have any queries on matchday, please head to the ‘ENQUIRIES’ window of the Burlington Street Box Office, and a member of staff will be on hand to help. Supporters are politely asked to do this as early as possible, and BEFORE 12.30PM, in order to ensure their case is able to be dealt with, before the Box Office begins to get busy with ticket sales
For a full list of Frequently Asked Questions on the Bradford City App, and using your season ticket through it, please CLICK HERE.
For any help and technical support on the app, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
For further support, call 01274 770012 or Tweet @bcafchelp.
To download or update the app, please visit either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.