Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


28 November 2023

Match Reports


28 November 2023

City recorded an emphatic victory at The Bolt New Lawn, winning 3-0 against Forest Green Rovers. 

Two goals inside the opening 25 minutes saw the Bantams gain a strong lead early on thanks to Matty Platt and then Andy Cook from the penalty spot.

A late Ash Taylor red card could not spoil the party, as Jamie Walker slotted in City's third goal of the game.

After a strong start, Graham Alexander's side took the lead just before the 10th minute.

A whipped corner from Jamie Walker landed on the head of a free Ash Taylor at the far post. Taylor headed back across goal into a dangerous area and Matty Platt was there to head home from close range - his second goal in three games. 

City kept pushing and pressing their hosts high up the field. Little after 10 minutes later, Cook was taken down in the box by the Forest Green captain Jordan Moore-Taylor, and the referee pointed to the spot.

Cook stepped up to take the penalty and calmly sent James Belshaw the wrong way to make it 2-0.

City continued to look dangerous from set-pieces, as just before the break a well-worked move saw Jamie Walker slice an effort over the bar. 

After two changes at the break, the home side were looking to get back in the game. They nearly did in the 50th minute as Tyrese Omotoye pounced on a loose backpass, rounded Harry Lewis but managed to miss the target from a tight angle.

Lewis was again called into action just after the hour mark, making a smart stop after a Kyle McAllister effort took a wicked deflection.

FGR would strike the bar with just 15 minutes left as they continued to look for a way back. Callum Jones' effort from outside the box left the bar shaking, as the ball bounced behind for a goal-kick.

Despite Rovers' efforts, Jamie Walker would seal the win for City in the 87th minute.

Substitute Emmanuel Osadebe raced to the byline and pulled back for Clarke Oduor, who was thwarted by the defender. Walker followed in to tap home and round off a comfortable evening for City.

The game was not done there, as in the dying seconds Ash Taylor was shown a straight red card after pulling back a FGR player who was through on goal, but City would take all three points back to West Yorkshire as the game finished 3-0.

FGR: James Belshaw, Dom Bernard, Teddy Jenks (Callum Jones 45’), Kyle Mcallister, Charlie McCann (Ryan Inniss 45’), Troy Deeney, Jordan Moore-Taylor (C), Jamie Robson, Tyrese Omotoye (Olly Scully 69’), Fankaty Dabo (Sean Robertson 69’), Harvey Bunker. SUBS NOT USED: Jamie Searle, Darnell Johnson, Reece Welch.

CITY: Harry Lewis, Brad Halliday, Ash Taylor, Matty Platt, Richie Smallwood (C), Jamie Walker (Sam Stubbs 90+1’), Andy Cook (Clarke Oduor 84’), Alex Gilliead, Tyler Smith (Emmanuel Osadebe 69’), Ciarán Kelly, Lewis Richards. SUBS NOT USED: Colin Doyle, Vadaine Olivier, Harry Chapman, Jonathan Tomkinson.

GOALS: Platt (9’), Cook (21’ pen), Walker (87’).

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Contact