Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

18 November 2017 Venue DW Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


18 November 2017

Match Report:

Wigan Athletic 1 (Dunkley 24)

Bradford City 2 (Wyke 14, Robinson 90+2)

An injury time rocket from substitute Tyrell Robinson gave the Bantams an impressive victory on the road at much-fancied Wigan Athletic. City had the lead just before the quarter-hour mark through Charlie Wyke but the score was level at the break thanks to Chey Dunkley's goal shortly after his side had fallen behind.

The first chance of the game belonged to the Bantams and it was a gilt-edged one.Tony McMahon's corner was flicked on at the near post by Romain Vincelot and the ball fell kindly to Nathaniel Knight-Percival at the far post and he lashed the ball over the bar; had he hit the target City would have surely had the lead.

Just before the quarter hour mark, City took the lead. The ball came into the path of Luke Hendrie in the left-hand side of the area and his low delivery was eventually diverted into the net by Charlie Wyke for his 8th goal of the season.

Wigan responded well to falling behind and after Sam Morsy was denied by a Matthew Kilgallon goal-line clearance and Gavin Massey had seen a deflected shot go inches wide, they levelled proceedings. Max Power delivered the corner into the box and Chey Dunkley diverted a header past Colin Doyle.

Charlie Wyke missed a presentable opportunity to restore City's lead with his second goal of the game, but after connecting with Alex Gilliead's cross he saw a header crash back off the bar with Latics stopper Jamie Jones perhaps credited for getting an important fingertip onto the ball.

Michael Jacobs forced Doyle into an unorthodox save with a vicious strike from distance and down the other end the Bantams came close to going into the interval ahead.

Alex Gilliead lashed a volley over the bar after he was picked out by Jake Reeves' half-cleared cross and then Nicky Law was denied smartly by Jamie Jones. Tony McMahon fancied his chances with a shot from distance but on this occasion the ball sailed over the bar, harmlessly.

Both sides came out for the second half with the intention of taking the game to their respective opposition and Reeves was presented with a decent opportunity on the hour mark. The duo of Nicky Law and Luke Hendrie worked the ball to the central midfielder but the ball sat up unkindly as he lashed an attempt wide of the mark.

Paul Taylor looked lively for the Bantams and he had a hugely inviting opportunity to give City the lead with the clock running down. Kilgallon's cross into the box broke to the Liverpudlian forward and his goalbound shot was diverted wide by the outstretched leg of Dan Burn.

Wigan cranked up the pressure in the latter stages with Jacobs and substitute David Perkins going close and in the 85th minute Tyrell Robinson was brought into the fray. The young winger had the final say on the outcome of the game with a rocket of shot which found the top corner - the Bantams coming home with an excellent victory.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Contact